This guide describes the installation procedure for ProCKSI.
||*Release* ||procksi_8-2 ||*Environment* ||Cluster with one master node and several slave nodes
All installations must be done with root access.
Operating System: Installation and Configuration¶
The master node and all slave nodes must be able to communicate with each other and exchange data. Therefore, a common user management and shared file system is necessary.
- Operating System Installation
- System Updates
- User Management - Users, Groups, Yellow Pages
- Networking - Network, Firewall, Host Name Resolution
- Time Synchronisation - NTP
- Data Access - NFS
- Security - Secure Shell, Antivirus Software
- Job Management - Queuing System (torque, maui)
- Cluster Monitoring - Ganglia, Monit, JobMonarch, Raid Storage Manager
- Cluster Backup